Have you started your Christmas gift shopping? Personally, I can’t handle last minute panics and ridiculous checkout queues. If you’re like me, you’re in luck: I have done the thinking and legwork for your gift ideas. I’ve categorised the gifts, but really, anything could work for anyone! Enjoy shopping from the comfort of your sofa/bed and prepare to want to self-gift too. 😉
Prices may change during sales.
FOR THE ONE WHO LOVES TO ENTERTAIN
1. Gold 6 bottle wine rack £16.92 from Amazon. Hexagons are always a winner, and this rack is a gorgeous way to store wine on the counter. Gift this along with a nice bottle of red.
2. Agate cheeseboard £68 from Anthropologie. Fancy cheese cannot ask for a better way to be served up than on this gorgeous slice of rock from nature, made even more beautiful with the gold edging.
3. La Cafetière Brushed Gold 8 Cup Cafetière £25.52 from Amazon. There’s nothing like a freshly brewed coffee to start the day, especially when the cafetière is such a thing of beauty.
FOR THE HOME BIRD
1. Flyte levitating light bulb £187.50 (25% sale price) from The Conran Shop. Blowing the budget for this one, I know, but can you find a present that is cooler than a levitating bulb? Obviously this would be for a very special someone in your life (or yourself).
2. Fine bone china mugs £28 for a set of 2, or £48 for a set of 4, designed by the insta-famous Nadia Alessandra herself. Like many of you, I relish moments with a hot cuppa, whether by myself or with friends and family. And I love my mugs to hold a big brew, so these mugs, with a capacity of 350ml, are perfect, not to mention absolutely gorgeous!
4. Lacquer tray £44 from West Elm. Breakfast in bed or corralling some pretty objects on the coffee table? A beautifully styled home needs a few lovely trays and this one is gorgeous, food safe and a great size. Tick tick tick.
FRAGRANCE AND AMBIENCE
1. SKANDINAVISK Hav diffuser £39 from John Lewis. Skandinavisk are experts in creating truly exquisite scents, and the beauty of a diffuser is being able to control the strength of the scent to your preference with the reeds, enjoying a constant fragrance and not worrying about burning anything. Personally I prefer scents that are fresh and evocative of the outdoors so my favourites from their range are Hav and Fjord. Once you’ve tried this, you may never want to be without it again. Thankfully diffuser refills are now available.
2. True Grace scented candles £30+ from Graham & Green. If you want to gift an amazing scented candle that burns well, you can’t go wrong with a True Grace candle.
3. Distressed mercury glass lanterns £7.95 – £16.95 (current sale prices) from West Elm. These gorgeous lanterns suit so many styles, from rustic to vintage to contemporary. A little group would look lovely anywhere, whether with the glow of candlelight within, or even used to display dried botanicals.
FOR A LITTLE PAMPER AND INDULGENCE
1. Bathing flowers £10 from Heathcote & Ivory. Who wouldn’t want to bathe amidst a bouquet of fragrant soap petals? Sounds like heaven. The link will take you to several different boxes of bath flowers to choose from, beautifully packaged according to scent.
2. Green marble jewellery stand £25 from Made.com. This minimal gold jewellery stand is a gorgeous sculpture on its own right.
3. Gold piggy bank £25 from Trouva. How adorable is this little piglet?! And it’s gold! Piggy banks are definitely not just for kids. Let this cutie hold your loose change or help you save up for something special.
4. Liberty fabric makeup bag £14.95 from TheThreadWinner on Etsy. A practical makeup bag handmade with a fabulously quirky Liberty fabric: giraffes with shoes, elephants with suitcases, blue flamingoes… love it!
FOR THE STATIONERY LOVER
1. Feather quill pens £7.95 from Graham & Green. Anything written with these beautiful pens will feel so special.
2. Gold Polaroid magnetic frames £11.50 from Red Candy. A fantastic way to display treasured photos on your fridge or magnetic board.
3. Jellyfish paperweights £22 – £48 from Graham & Green. What a magnificent way to keep your papers in order.
4. Shell carved letter sorter £34 from Anthropologie. This is the prettiest letter sorter I’ve ever seen. By far.
FOR THE BOOK LOVER
I’ve read many many interior books, and these are amongst my absolute favourites. Have a sneaky peek at your recipient’s library and if any of these books are missing, correct it for them at Christmas 🙂
1. Extraordinary Interiors by Jane Rockett and Lucy St George, £13.08 from a third-party seller on Amazon (RRP £19.99). The hottest interiors book to be published this year!
2. Styled by Emily Henderson, £17 on Amazon (RRP £25). This book is the interior styling bible, wonderfully explained and laid out with loads of inspiration.
3. In The Mood For Colour by Hans Blomquist, £13.08 from a third-party seller on Amazon (RRP £19.99). Incredibly inspiring, it is easy to get lost in the magic of the breathtaking inspiration in this book.
4. Shades Of Grey by Kate Watson-Smyth, £12.75 from a third-party seller on Amazon (RRP £19.99). This book breaks down how to make the chicest neutral work for you in your home with gorgeous examples.
FOR THE MAN WHO IS NOT EASY TO BUY FOR
1. Digital alarm clock with bluetooth speaker £49 from Made.com. Gorgeous and useful, in a fantastic triangle shape.
2. Circuit board cufflinks £29 from ElecTrickeryShop on Etsy. Gorgeous cufflinks made with actual circuit boards. What brilliant recycling! Check out the shop for all the colours and styles available.
3. Darth Vader Pull My Finger screen print £34.69 from BarryDBulsara on Etsy. LOL! Brilliant!
4. Light up letter board £17.99 from Very. He’ll love having his witty words on display, and even better, they light up!
QUIRKY AND COOL
1. Cardholder figure £19.99 from Zara Home. Let this handsome chap keep you company at your desk while he holds your business cards, or paper clips, or (if he were mine) a couple of biscuits.
2. Set of 2 monkey bookends £44 (current sale price) from Violet & Thistle. You can trust these monkeys to hold your books in place.
3. Zebra vase £30.95 for wall mounted one, £52 for the freestanding one from Audenza. What hairdo will you give the zebra?
FOR THE COOL KID
1. Children’s Wooden Toy Guitar £24.95 from Cuckooland. Spark your little person’s inner musician with this lovely little guitar. It tunes like a real instrument and looks gorgeous so not something you’d ever want to tidy away in a toy cupboard!
2. Elephant bookend £48.95 from Cuckooland. Ok a bit pricey, but it’s classic and gorgeous, something to be treasured.
3. Light up globe £69.95 from Cuckooland. This is probably more for the big kid in your life, but the 4 year old will love this as much as the 40 year old! Available in several colours so take your pick.
4. Dino egg cups £8.95 each from Graham & Green. They’ll want dippy eggs and soldiers every morning with these dino egg cups!